AOKI Holdings, Inc. (the "Company") is well aware of the importance of personal information (names, addresses, dates of birth, gender, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, purchase histories and other items) that it handles. Personal information, including information concerning customers, shareholders, applicants involving recruiting and other activities, executives and employees, and other individuals, is managed in strict compliance with associated laws and regulations, guidelines established by the Japanese government, and other accepted standards of behavior.
I. Purposes of using personal information
The Company uses personal information and information involving business transactions for the following purposes.
- Personal information involving customers
- For business activities associated with store sales, e-commerce sales and the provision of services by the Company and its group companies (the "AOKI Group") , as well as crime prevention
- To send merchandise, send catalogs and direct mail materials, provide associated after-sales services, and provide information about new products and services of the AOKI Group
- To perform marketing, sales promotion, product and service planning, and analysis and research associated with the AOKI Group's business activities and to analyze purchases of merchandise
- To provide information about other activities of the AOKI Group
- To perform credit management and collections and oversight of amounts due with regard to transactions with the AOKI Group
- To enable the Company to submit customers’ personal information to AOKI Group companies to the degree needed to achieve the above stated purposes of use
- Personal information involving shareholders
- For the exercise of rights and fulfillment of obligations in accordance with the Companies Act
- For the preparation of records based on applicable laws and regulations and the management of shareholders
- Personal information involving recruiting and associated activities
- For providing information to job and other applicants and for other requirements involving recruiting and associated activities
- Personal information involving executives and employees
- For business communications with executives and employees
- For payment of compensation, personal and labor management, and the provision of various benefits
- For management of the health of executives and employees
II. Provision of personal information to third parties
Personal information collected by the AOKI Group will not be provided to third parties except in the following cases.
- When personal information is provided as shown below to the AOKI Group to the degree needed to achieve the stated purposes of use
Particulars of personal information to be provided : Name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, e-mail address, purchase history, etc.
Means of provision : Personal information must be supplied electronically or on paper
Termination of provision : Provision of personal information to third parties shall be terminated when requested by the person submitting the information
- When personal information is provided in association with the transfer of an AOKI Group business resulting from a merger, divestiture, sale or other transfer in accordance with a law or regulation
- When personal information is provided to a company that performs reimbursements and collections of amounts due
- When personal information is provided to insurance and investigation companies in the event of accidents, etc.
- When permitted by laws and regulations and in other cases where the agreement of the individual is not required as stipulated in the Personal Information Protection Law
III. Outsourcing the handling of personal information
The AOKI Group may outsource to a third party outside the AOKI Group the handling of the personal information it has collected as shown below to the degree needed to achieve the stated purposes of use. When personal information tasks are outsourced, safety measures are used concerning the outsourced personal information given to a third party and the outsourcing company is properly supervised.
- Recording and amendment of customer data
- Printing and dispatch of direct mail
- Delivery and collection of payments for products of e-commerce sales
- Other processing to the degree needed to achieve the stated purposes of use
IV. Contact information for the disclosure and other matters concerning personal information
For procedures regarding the disclosure, correction, termination of use and submission to the AOKI Group concerning personal information and for complaints and other questions about this information, please use the following contact information or visit any AOKI Group store.
For inquiries, please contact our Customer Service Department (tool-free at 0120-13-7888 available 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) or use the Contact section of our website (http://www.aoki-hd.co.jp).
(*) AOKI Group Companies are as follows:
- AOKI Holdings Inc.
- AOKI Inc. AOKI, ORIHICA
- ANNIVERSAIRE Inc.
- VALIC Co., Ltd. COTE D'AZUR , KAIKATSU CLUB, KAIKATSU FITNESS
- Kotobukihonpo Inc.
- Sukit Labo Inc.
- Aoki Information Development Co., Ltd.
- AOKI Group Welfare Association